Grew up: Arlington, MA
Live in: Boston, MA
Favorite Quote: "The only normal people are the ones you don't know well" - Alfred Adler
School/ college: Boston College and UCLA
How did you get into radio? An internship during college that turned into a job 6 months later
Interests/ Hobbies: Music, traveling, cooking, reading
Something you wouldn't tell anyone? Last week, I accidentally super glued my nostril closed. I was repairing a pair of shoes and I must've gotten the glue on my fingers. When I wiped my nose, I inadvertently glued my right nostril shut. It was a hot look. The worst part wasn't even gluing my nose though - it was the fact that I had to repair an expensive pair of shoes AGAIN! Side note: nail polish remover dissolves super glue so I am ok now.
Favorite Movie: Lost in Translation
What are you currently reading? "My Life in Paris" by Julia Child (a very nice bday gift from my mum)
2012: The Year in Review (belated)Jan 23, 2013 -- 9:15pm
In a galaxy far, far away, in a time where neither texting nor the Facebooks existed, people would email these chain letter type things. I actually enjoyed reading what other people wrote. So, I decided to adopt one of these "Year In Review" lists for my blog. I know I am a little late but I got knackered out with one of those colds going around at the end of last year. Better late than never, I suppose!
1. What did you do this year that you’d never done before?
Sailed through icebergs
2. What countries did you visit?
Japan, France, Switzerland, Germany, Argentina, and Antarctica (country/continent)
3. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this one?
More peace of mind
4. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing grade for my wine class (wayyy harder than it sounds - mix of chemistry, biology, history, geography, & politics)
5. What was your biggest failure?
Actually, not to be all philosophical but they're all lessons, rather than failures
6. Did you suffer illness or injury?
1 bout of the flu (picked up in Japan)
1 bad burn on right hand that healed super well. I thought I'd have a scar in the shape of Australia but it's just a little red now
7. What was the best thing you bought?
Surgery for my cat
8. Where did most of your money go?
9. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A PENGUIN STEPPED ON MY FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was sooooo cuuuute!!!!
10. What song will always remind you of this year?
"Call me maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
Excellent video, totally catchy
11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
thinner - Thank You, Kansai Flu!
c) richer or poorer?
richer - in a lot of ways
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
13. What do you wish you’d done less of?
14. What was your favorite TV program?
15. What was the best book you read?
"Call the Midwife" - Jennifer Worth
16. What was your favorite film of this year?
2 Days in New York - the follow up to 2 Days in Paris. Chris Rock was so excellent
17. Who did you miss?
My grandmother...as always
18. What did you want and get?
A ring from Mikimoto
19. What did you want and not get?
A Stelton Carafe from Denmark. A lady I visited in Germany had one. The coffee had been sitting out for an hour in this carafe. When she poured coffee, it was still steaming hot. I've never seen anything like it. I just never got around to getting one.
20. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"The last time I run away, I hope it is with you. Will you let me show you where to run?" - M. Ward
Return to: Michelle Briand Blog